Straightpipe Forums
Old 01-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
The NASCC has some stuff brewing. I had a good chat with Jed about it at Santa's Anonymous while I was back before Christmas this year. Someone should pop him an e-mail and see what's shaking.

Don't give up on enjoying your car because it's changed a little (IE; no Speedway) there are still plenty of awesome opportunities to go out and enjoy performance driving. Nobody can stop you from running something like Harry's lap timer and comparing with the guys you know are quick.
Its not the same.... I don't know how to explain why... I guess it is like the difference between setting a lap time in testing vs. Qualifying.

Maybe it is just that I like the ceremony involved in going to a time attack ... it makes it 'an event'. To quote Captain Slow "... there are procedures ... I like procedures!"
Old 01-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

I see what you're saying. Hit an NASCC meeting and communicate the value to the executive. There are more than a couple (Zhao, Greg) that are active on here.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Co-driver

I'll be doing a few Track Junkies events and NASCC race weekends. Spec Miata for sure, and if/when it makes sense - open wheel class with the Arco.

Rumor has it the Skyline will ready for the summer. (No teasing please. I'm a little sensitive. ) I'm eager to see what effect 1mm oversized valves will have on the torque curve. The only other changes will be DOT slicks and a dry sump. Also planning for some better suspension.

Also looking forward to progress with the Badlands project.

Old Grey Skyline
White 335i xDrive
Grey M5
Old 01-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrenan View Post
The problem with that is its very unlikely I would let a track car gather dust for that long, I have little patience for hanging onto toys I don't use.
Just bring it back to a streetable condition like I'm doing with mine. You'd have to move t something pretty cool to do better than the old 951. Rear drive, no gizmos, manual, LSD, 80's cool, antique suspension, hilarious turbo lag. What else could you want? Maybe a 964 or a 993... but that's about it. Don't quit on me now dude!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
Very understandable . I am just saddenned by the lack of track time you guys may see this year
Probably just do the enduro

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm0791 View Post
Come spring, I will be putting the RX7 up for sale. If I get enough for it then I may consider building an IT or an ST car, but I doubt it would be done for this summer.
Just out of curiosity Chris, how much are you going to ask for it?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Driver

I'm gonna start the year with the BMW of Northern Alberta club and their driver course at castrol, then i'll probably try out a couple evening events with Track Junkies and see what it's like.

Probably stay out of the advanced classes, though, don't feel like dealing with aggressive drivers that want me to point them past in the middle of a corner.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfire View Post
Just out of curiosity Chris, how much are you going to ask for it?
PM sent
Old 01-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Newb

The way things are looking right now I think I'm going to hit up a few Track Junkies events this year, probably only 2 or 3, and supplement that with a few Auto-X events and maybe a couple DriftWest practice sessions in between.

Going to Track Junkies will probably mean having to install a roll bar because I like the harness I put in last year.

Half the fun for me is messing with the car or changing things up a bit between driving events. The other half is, of course, improving my driving. My goal is always to beat my personal best, and most nights at Stratotech I did. I'm definitely sad to see those events go.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

This is interesting.. found on 780tuners (http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...ceway-Schedule!!!)

$150 for full course evening lapping? Are there less marshalls required to run a bike event, or is it reasonable to think some sort of revived Speedway event could operate near that price point?
'91 RX-7 Vert - Sold
'07 RX-8 - May the Renesis motor burn in the fires of hell for eternity
'19 370z - 10 year old new car lol

Stratotech - 72.2 (EM2), 71.1 (RedSuns NA FC 2011 spec), 71.2 (NA MR2)

Castrol -
1:32.99 (FC - Chumpcar Edition)
1:29.1 (FC, PTC Edition)