Straightpipe Forums
Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Newb

Exclamation Chevette Poll Results.

Polls are closed and the results of the Chevette Ice Racing Polls are in! See details on the website www.chevettesonice.ca

http://www.chevettesonice.ca/Images/...Poll/Diffs.JPG
http://www.chevettesonice.ca/Images/...Poll/Studs.JPG

If you are one of the people who voted to demonstrated the Black Rocket tires this season please email me your contact info at chevettesonice@gmail.com and I will pass it along to Mike Elhard.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

So there was a vote, a bunch of people said no not ever (the majority) and you guys are running studs anyway? Sweet!

Thanks for all the hard work as class rep. It's really nice to see someone so engaged.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Newb

Not sure if that was a positive comment or not. The vote was 50-50 in favor of allowing a stud chevette class (Subclass of Race Stud). This does not affect the existing spec chevette class that will still run the spec hankook i-pike tire. To be honest this vote was an effort to raise interest in ice racing as there is nothing that would prevent or discourage a chevette entry from running the black rocket tires in the race stud class anyway. I only wanted to gauge interest in officially keeping track for a subclass run group.

If the effort I made this year was not adequate please give suggestions to improve. I don't recall any other effort since I started racing that attempted to provide more racing options and reach all stakeholders. The best effort was made to contact all persons who participated in the chevette class in the last 4 years by email, facebook or straightpipe.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Driver

I think he meant that as an actual positive comment.

Know what would else help the chevette class... some actual chevettes coming up for sale that dont get snatched up as parts cars in an instant. haha. (I also mean that in a joking, and positive way). You guys are hoarding them!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Newb

Well in that case, Matt thanks for the encouragement and I hope you are able to race this year.

If you or Chris or anyone else is interested in chevettes to build race cars check out the for sale page on the www.chevettesonice.ca website. I am posting a new ad today. They have been popping up on kijiji this winter for $500-$1000 quite frequently. I recall 3 or 4 in the last 6 months.

If anyone is serious about buying email me at chevettesonice@gmail.com

Last edited by FullofShift; 01-06-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofShift View Post
Well in that case, Matt thanks for the encouragement and I hope you are able to race this year.

If you or Chris or anyone else is interested in chevettes to build race cars check out the for sale page on the www.chevettesonice.ca website. I am posting a new ad today. They have been popping up on kijiji this winter for $500-$1000 quite frequently. I recall 3 or 4 in the last 6 months.

If anyone is serious about buying email me at chevettesonice@gmail.com
Thanks, but racing is a bit hard given my current situation.

What I said was sincere, thanks for the hard work, glad to see someone pushing through change. It is much needed.

Tags
chevettes, ice racing