Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Old 09-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Newb

Exclamation Chevette Ice Racing proposed modified class (CH-M)

SEE ATTACHED PDF DOCUMENT!!!

Further to our discussions during last season and at post season NASCC club meetings, I would like to put a new proposed ice racing class out there for discussion. This is so far just a proposal and will not affect the existing Spec Chevette class rules. The addition of the locked diff rule still stands for the existing Spec Chevette Class for the upcoming season.

This proposal goes much farther with respect to opening up the rules to allow modifications that will permit races to substitute parts as they see fit. This is partially out of necessity to make it easier for racers to build/repair a car and partially out of the desire to just have some new fun with our favorite winter pass-time.

Please comment as I value your feedback. I especially want to hear from anyone who wants to enter this class this season and the reason why.
I will be bringing this to the next meeting (Wednesday Sept 16, 2015) for further review and possible approval for this season.

Cheers,
Todd Maliteare
Chevette Class Rep
www.chevettesonice.ca
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CH-Mod.pdf (148.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-03-2015, 05:46 AM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Enthusiasm for change is great, and it's a cool idea, a few comments.

Mainly, how do you police these new rules? How do I prove that your engine isn't overbored, your carb isn't a cheater part, and your fuel is 20% alcohol(which is ridiculous any)?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Co-driver

If you divide Chevette into 2 classes I think it will damage the class. In stead of racing in a 9 car class you might end up racing in 2 4 car classes which would suck. Just my 2 bits.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Enthusiasm for change is great, and it's a cool idea, a few comments.

Mainly, how do you police these new rules? How do I prove that your engine isn't overbored, your carb isn't a cheater part, and your fuel is 20% alcohol(which is ridiculous any)?
That's a valid point, but then how is that different from policing the current rules?

Chris
Old 09-03-2015, 09:20 PM
Newb

Policing is the same problem either way. I chose 0.080" overbore as that is the largest cast piston I have seen available. The fuel rule could be tightened up to allow only pump gas up to 98 octane super premium (Which has 15% alcohol in it).

Thanks for the comments!
Todd

Tags
chevette, ice racing