Work has continued, just haven't had a chance to update. The rear suspension/brakes is all assembled so I moved to the clutch. First up was installing the release bearing in the pressure plate, being a heavier gentleman made it easy.
Next up I installed the flywheel on the engine. I made another special tool, this one I will call "P-666". It's holds the flywheel in place while you torque the bolts.
Next up is the clutch disc held by the Ford alignment special tool "03 FORD".
Finally the pressure plate is installed.
I made it further than this but didn't take pictures as I was tired. I actually got the bell-housing and torque tube installed, the special wood alignment blocks did their job, with some fiddling and adjusting I was able to get the torque tube seated on the clutch bell-housing by hand, no forcing or hammering needed, so I hope that means the drive shaft didn't damage the pilot bearing in the back of the crank which is always a risk with this job. I also installed the transmission, that still needs some wiggling to get the drive shaft coupler to fit but I was too tired to get it done last time I was in the garage.
Slight setback I looked funny at the clutch slave cylinder and it sprung a leak. Stupid thing wasn't even that old, I'd replaced it before. Ordered another one on the weekend and it arrived already, so I'll install that next and get the transmission coupler connected then I'm on to bleed brakes/clutch, drive shafts and exhaust.