Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Newb

Default Spec Miata 1.6 Cusco LSD differential

Last season I blew out my MazdaComp Limitied Slip Differential on my 1990 Spec Miata and decided to buy a new one. The previous year I had registered with MazdaSpeed Motorosports development so I took advantage of this and the lower pricing. I used their online web interface to order the part (part # 0000-02-5500).

Everything appeared to go perfectly except after the a few day I never did get a confirmation email saying the part had been shipped. I called them and they were very helpful. They explained that even though I had ordered online and and everything went perfectly because I ived in Canada you still needed to call them to process because we are cross border and need clearence for duty etc.

Once I called and got it released the part actually was delivered in less than 2 days..Amazing!

Here is a picture of what the Cusco 1.6 LSD looks like. It only weights 11 lbs and costs approx $1350 with duty included. If ordering parts from Mazdaspeed Motorsports please be aware of calling them still if ordering parts online.

Mark #18 1990 spec Miata

Last edited by EdmMiata18; 04-12-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: editing mistake
Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Super awesome fantastic!

Thats pretty badass! I'll definitely try to join the LSD club next season!

Are you installing it yourself?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

ya i just went through that with ordering parts from them too. guy i talked to said every international customer needs to call in to place orders.

i also asked about the IT RX7 suspension that half of it is now discontinued and the guy i talked to looked up the manufacturers of the missing parts and said he'd call them to find out if they can still produce them. I dont expect to ever get a response, cuz i'm going to assume he'll get a negative response and just wont bother telling me info i already can guess at, but if i do that's pretty awesome service.

one thing though is prices seem $$$$ on a lot of stuff.
Castrol: NA FC 43.1 IT2 class track record until we run the short track again which may be never.