Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Pit crew

my exact setup came in the civic ek4 sir from japan same body and year , its completly stock, the shop man will be in japanese but i guess thats dosnt matter

i will get some pick and verifie with uve
Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 AM
P1

Send a message via MSN to Var!able

I am pretty sure the stock bar is erw which would make it a non legal cage member.

So Much Win Racing: Fabrication, Preparation, Awesome

Contact Me at 780.270.1851 via phone or txt message for your race fab needs.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Super awesome fantastic!

interesting. the rules never said u could swap engines the car didn't come with from different markets so i assumed it was illegal.

maybe i should get clarification on other stuff about that. so OP is ok cuz his car is a hatch and his engine came from a hatch of the same generation, but what if someone else had a civic coupe for that generation (the coupe in any market never came with this engine). could he also put it in his civic or would he be out of luck like i'm interpreting the rules to say?
Castrol: NA FC 43.1 IT2 class track record until we run the short track again which may be never.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhao kan View Post
interesting. the rules never said u could swap engines the car didn't come with from different markets so i assumed it was illegal.

maybe i should get clarification on other stuff about that. so OP is ok cuz his car is a hatch and his engine came from a hatch of the same generation, but what if someone else had a civic coupe for that generation (the coupe in any market never came with this engine). could he also put it in his civic or would he be out of luck like i'm interpreting the rules to say?
Shit out of luck as I understand it.

This was something setup by the WCMA to try to be accommodating of JDM and other market vehicles and at the same time allow people to take advantage of inexpensive ways to make their cars that much quicker. If people start taking advantage of it and/or abusing it they need to remember classification is at the discretion of the stewards.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Pit crew

in the tech rules it says erw is ok appendix 1 material
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Shit out of luck as I understand it.

This was something setup by the WCMA to try to be accommodating of JDM and other market vehicles and at the same time allow people to take advantage of inexpensive ways to make their cars that much quicker. If people start taking advantage of it and/or abusing it they need to remember classification is at the discretion of the stewards.
well that's fine if its body specific (EM2 FTL for yet another reason); accommodating jdm and other markets is pretty awesome imo. Now if only everyone took that stance and didn't have their head up their ass even when the vehicle is exactly the same across the pond (cough cough autocross).
Castrol: NA FC 43.1 IT2 class track record until we run the short track again which may be never.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavery View Post
in the tech rules it says erw is ok appendix 1 material
Measure the thickness of that stock dash bar. If Honda is anything like mazda it will be aprox. 0.040" thick. Slightly less than half the required thickness.

Regardless of material it is aprox 95% certain that the factory dash bar will be inadequate.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Pit crew

so reading through th rules it seem i have a problem because ny car was a rally car and i have chassie reinforcments i am automatically in GT , i am correct in this
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Slow

Send a message via ICQ to matt Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Pretty much - though I think an argument can be made if they are performance related or safety related.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Pit crew

it is just the strut top being plated so the shock dont smash trough the top mount on rough rally roads. its not adding any stiffining or performance gain.

this seem to be kind of a stupid rule if you have a car that has a known defect caused by racing then reinforcing that part will create a safer car because it wont brake on track putting you into a wall or another driver