Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2014, 02:23 PM
jcm0791's Avatar
jcm0791 jcm0791 is offline
Super awesome fantastic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,852
Default 2014 Road Race School

At last weeks meeting there was some talk about the road race school.

Much of the discussion centered around just how many students would be there (the number 60 was mentioned)

With this many students, how many instructors are there going to be? And who is organizing this?

What credentials do the instructors need?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
steelbahamut steelbahamut is offline
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 662
Default

I was hoping for more info as well. Id like to volunteer to instruct.
__________________
Sean L

2008 Blue Evolution X MR
Facebook: The Other Girl Racing#84
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 AM
jcm0791's Avatar
jcm0791 jcm0791 is offline
Super awesome fantastic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbahamut View Post
I was hoping for more info as well. Id like to volunteer to instruct.
As would I.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2014, 01:39 AM
Icedawg Icedawg is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Please write nascc.events@gmail.com to indicate your interest in instructing at the race school. Let me know who you are, and your past racing experience. I am not certain I really know who the user names actually are.

What other info do you wish about the school?
Jed
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 AM
ultimatt ultimatt is offline
Pit crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 245
Default

I think I'm on the waiting list to be on the waiting list. So if there can be more instructors and perhaps allow more of use waiting list students in that'd be great
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2014, 06:13 AM
jcm0791's Avatar
jcm0791 jcm0791 is offline
Super awesome fantastic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedawg View Post
Please write nascc.events@gmail.com to indicate your interest in instructing at the race school. Let me know who you are, and your past racing experience. I am not certain I really know who the user names actually are.

What other info do you wish about the school?
Jed
Email sent.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 PM
EM2FTL's Avatar
EM2FTL EM2FTL is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 915
Default

Waiting list? Shit. Looks like i'm doubling down on there being a school in July... :/
__________________
'04 EM2 - RIP
'90 SW20 - Sold (regretsy)
'04 RX-8 - RICG
'07 RX-8 - SOON
'91 RX-7 Vert - Current DD

Stratotech - 72.2 (EM2), 71.1 (RedSuns NA FC 2011 spec), 71.2 (NA MR2)

Castrol -
1:32.99 (Bandit FC - Chumpcar Edition)
1:29.1 (Bandit FC, PTC Edition)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM
HiTempguy HiTempguy is offline
Co-driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post
Waiting list? Shit. Looks like i'm doubling down on there being a school in July... :/
The school is reportedly going to have 60 spots (that was what was posted on the NASCC facebook page anyways). I think the big thing is to get on the list and pay, as doubtlessly a LOT of people will drop out as time goes on due to commitments and what not. (there were 65 people total originally, so technically, the list is only "five" people long. On top of that, it did not sound like all of them had paid).

Mike has assured me (multiple times) there will be a school for people with prior chumpcar experience the day before the event.
__________________
Adam

Last edited by HiTempguy; 03-25-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM
ultimatt ultimatt is offline
Pit crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
The school is reportedly going to have 60 spots (that was what was posted on the NASCC facebook page anyways). I think the big thing is to get on the list and pay, as doubtlessly a LOT of people will drop out as time goes on due to commitments and what not. (there were 65 people total originally, so technically, the list is only "five" people long. On top of that, it did not sound like all of them had paid).

Mike has assured me (multiple times) there will be a school for people with prior chumpcar experience the day before the event.
I was basing my wait list statement on the fact that the entry list has 58 people and 14 are classified as "Waitlist" I was unable to registered online since it was closed.

When I emailed I was told that the waitlist was 25 people long and that's why they closed registration.

I later received an update saying they are looking at making more room in the school. So fingers crossed.
If there is a chance of getting in I'm going to order a roll bar from a place in Canada, so I can get it quickly. If not I'll wait and get one out of the US.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Omerta Omerta is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 52
Default

Wow, did not expect the race school to be full already. Is there any other options for race school? Once you get a license when does it expire?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Styled By bonded-design