Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Stuart Stuart is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Right now we have no one stepping up to be Time Attack director, we are hunting but that's where it stands. If no one steps up it will be a season without Time Attack unless another club (maybe NASCC?) decides to attempt to run a season.
__________________
#73 STX 2004 RX8 - Sold
#26 SM/DSP '96 Miata
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-13-2014, 01:00 AM
EM2FTL's Avatar
EM2FTL EM2FTL is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Right now we have no one stepping up to be Time Attack director, we are hunting but that's where it stands. If no one steps up it will be a season without Time Attack unless another club (maybe NASCC?) decides to attempt to run a season.
Is there a breakdown somewhere with roles/responsibilities of said Director? Perhaps a ToR to draw from?
__________________
'04 EM2 - RIP
'90 SW20 - Sold (regretsy)
'04 RX-8 - RICG
'07 RX-8 - SOON
'91 RX-7 Vert - Current DD

Stratotech - 72.2 (EM2), 71.1 (RedSuns NA FC 2011 spec), 71.2 (NA MR2)

Castrol -
1:32.99 (Bandit FC - Chumpcar Edition)
1:29.1 (Bandit FC, PTC Edition)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Stuart Stuart is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post
Is there a breakdown somewhere with roles/responsibilities of said Director? Perhaps a ToR to draw from?
My understanding (based on being the current Autoslalom director) is that you would be responsible for arranging dates, creating a budget, publicizing the events, finding volunteers to do registration, timing and flagging, plus being responsible at the events. We have someone who looks after event insurance, all you have to do is provide the dates to him. It can seem like a lot of work but in all reality with the help of a few volunteers it becomes much more manageable. I am not sure what else would be needed for Time Attack but I am sure that some of the experienced competitors can point out things I am missing.
__________________
#73 STX 2004 RX8 - Sold
#26 SM/DSP '96 Miata
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-13-2014, 06:26 PM
anotherfire's Avatar
anotherfire anotherfire is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 74
Default

I can likely help out a bit as well, entry level volunteer though. I am definitely interested in a Time-Attack season next year. I'm already saving up for registration.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2014, 07:02 PM
EM2FTL's Avatar
EM2FTL EM2FTL is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
My understanding (based on being the current Autoslalom director) is that you would be responsible for arranging dates, creating a budget, publicizing the events, finding volunteers to do registration, timing and flagging, plus being responsible at the events. We have someone who looks after event insurance, all you have to do is provide the dates to him. It can seem like a lot of work but in all reality with the help of a few volunteers it becomes much more manageable. I am not sure what else would be needed for Time Attack but I am sure that some of the experienced competitors can point out things I am missing.
Forgive me, i'm not a process guy at all but I think it would help to break this down a bit. Based on the responsibilties above, it looks like we would need:

Communications/Marketing:
- Publicizing events, finding volunteers

Scheduler
- Arranging dates, work with Castrol Raceway management.
- Produce fancy PDF schedule?

Registration/Timing/Flagging
- Volunteer based, but some skill required re: timing
- Could recruit primarily on forums

Finances
- Didn't see this covered above - how does this part work?
__________________
'04 EM2 - RIP
'90 SW20 - Sold (regretsy)
'04 RX-8 - RICG
'07 RX-8 - SOON
'91 RX-7 Vert - Current DD

Stratotech - 72.2 (EM2), 71.1 (RedSuns NA FC 2011 spec), 71.2 (NA MR2)

Castrol -
1:32.99 (Bandit FC - Chumpcar Edition)
1:29.1 (Bandit FC, PTC Edition)

Last edited by EM2FTL; 11-13-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Stuart Stuart is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 16
Default

For financing the basic idea would be:
-Become a director
-Submit a proposed budget for the season.
-Have Castrol provide an invoice which our Treasurer would then pay.
-Director has signing authority (once paperwork is done) and can pay for other expenses out of the Time Attack account.
-Payments made online go to the general club account, and cash can be deposited into the Time Attack account.
-Regular reporting of finances required and the Treasurer can add funds to account as required upon approval.

I am sure there are more details to it but that is the general way it is done.
__________________
#73 STX 2004 RX8 - Sold
#26 SM/DSP '96 Miata
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2014, 01:00 AM
GoGo GoGo is offline
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SHerwood Park
Posts: 3
Default

Of course new to the whole scene but would certainly contribute to keep the series going. Let me know how I can help.
Kevin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Styled By bonded-design