Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > Marketplace > Customer Experiences

Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Newb

Default Recommended places for engine building?

I've only ever been to EC Automotive for head work. They did a pretty good job fixing it after cylinder 3 blew up! It was so nicked up and my sparkplug tip was just gone.

Now I'm looking at getting my cylinders bored out to fit some new pistons I bought.

http://www.ecauto.ca/auto_home.htm
http://www.campbellautomotive.com/
http://www.fastengines.ca/

Also, does anyone know if anyone is able to install those flanged sleeves? Something like those Darton MID ones. Or even sleeves that don't leave behind any of the old cylinder walls at all?

Also, found this regarding drivetrain:
http://www.albertadriveline.com/driveshaft.htm

Semi complete project:
K24 Frankenstein RSX-S (K24A2 block with K20A2 head) - Status: running but header hits sway bar on sudden changes in speed.

Last edited by Scourge; 10-03-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 PM
P1

Send a message via MSN to Var!able

I would say go go to EC to have your block put back togther. I wouldn't recommend them for engine assembly because they have proven several times that they do not understand the concept of variable vavle timing.

So Much Win Racing: Fabrication, Preparation, Awesome

Contact Me at 780.270.1851 via phone or txt message for your race fab needs.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Newb

Fast Engines

Our shop can take care of your needs, we can bore and final size your block to your new pistons. We can also bore your block for stepped wet/dry sleeves. Check out some of our project pics on our blog at fastenginesedmonton. Feel free to give me (Jesse) a call at 780-469-0604 or e-mail me at jesse@fastengines.ca, and we can discuss any of your project needs.

Jesse
Fast Engines
Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var!able View Post
I would say go go to EC to have your block put back togther. I wouldn't recommend them for engine assembly because they have proven several times that they do not understand the concept of variable vavle timing.
I'm just wondering how they messed it up. I'm still a beginner at this stuff and I managed to put an engine together and it's in time and everything. The only problems I had were with the front main seal leaking oil (fixed with new seal and crank pulley) and maybe a bit of valve lash (not fixed yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast View Post
Fast Engines

Our shop can take care of your needs, we can bore and final size your block to your new pistons. We can also bore your block for stepped wet/dry sleeves. Check out some of our project pics on our blog at fastenginesedmonton. Feel free to give me (Jesse) a call at 780-469-0604 or e-mail me at jesse@fastengines.ca, and we can discuss any of your project needs.

Jesse
Fast Engines
I may have to get in touch with you. My build is going to be fairly mild. I don't think it's in my budget yet to resleeve. But boring out my cylinders I think I can afford in the near future.

Semi complete project:
K24 Frankenstein RSX-S (K24A2 block with K20A2 head) - Status: running but header hits sway bar on sudden changes in speed.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Pit crew

Send a message via ICQ to kevito Send a message via MSN to kevito Send a message via Skype™ to kevito

Avoid anyone who deals or is SpeedTech Development Racing.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Queen of All

Send a message via MSN to katrink

Bel Engine Services Ltd

7924 Coronet Road Northwest
Edmonton, AB
T6E4N8

Telephone: (780) 465-3586
Fax: (780) 440-0229