Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > The Clubhouse > NASCC

Old 11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Co-driver

Default Chevette Class - Tires for Class Issue

I wasnt at the meeting last night to discuss what to do about the Blizzak not being available anylonger for the Chevette class.

I still think the old tires should be grandfathered in. I have about 16 tires with the 3 cars I have so changing tires would be stupid expensive for me.

Another concern is if we are forced to buy a new tire, what if that tire goes out of production next year? Do we all have to buy new tires again?

I dont understand the concern, would there be that much of a difference in traction between one brand of winter tire and the next? Ok maybe between top of the line and a wall mart special there could be. But there has to be another decent tire out there and I would suspect the reality of it would be that the grip level would be pretty much the same.

If they ban the blizzak the only thing that will save me is if I can sell the tires to the rubber to ice class guys. Selling the 4 never used ones probably wont be hard but the rest are probably hard to sell.

Anyone at the meeting? What happened?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Co-driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
i wasnt at the meeting last night to discuss what to do about the blizzak not being available anylonger for the chevette class.

I still think the old tires should be grandfathered in. I have about 16 tires with the 3 cars i have so changing tires would be stupid expensive for me.

Another concern is if we are forced to buy a new tire, what if that tire goes out of production next year? Do we all have to buy new tires again? yes

i dont understand the concern, would there be that much of a difference in traction between one brand of winter tire and the next? yes

ok maybe between top of the line and a wall mart special there could be. But there has to be another decent tire out there and i would suspect the reality of it would be that the grip level would be pretty much the same. nope

if they ban the blizzak the only thing that will save me is if i can sell the tires to the rubber to ice class guys. Selling the 4 never used ones probably wont be hard but the rest are probably hard to sell.

Anyone at the meeting? What happened?
New spec tire is the Hankook I*Pike RC01 155/80R13 they are $50 each at Canadian Tire and there are currently 1700 of them in their distribution warehouse.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 AM
P1

Send a message via MSN to Var!able

People that have the blizzaks will have a huge advantage if they are still allowed to use the old tires. My wife has Ipikes on the benz.. They are ok.. I guess.

So Much Win Racing: Fabrication, Preparation, Awesome

Contact Me at 780.270.1851 via phone or txt message for your race fab needs.