Straightpipe Forums
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Pit crew

I would have to change my brakes , and trans back to stock , cost me $1000

not going to happen
Old 06-22-2013, 06:03 PM
P1

Send a message via MSN to Var!able

I will trade you a stock LSD Y80 for your transmission .

So Much Win Racing: Fabrication, Preparation, Awesome

Contact Me at 780.270.1851 via phone or txt message for your race fab needs.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavery View Post
I would have to change my brakes , and trans back to stock , cost me $1000

not going to happen
as much as i think every vehicle should comply 100% with the rules, (especially in spec racing, no exceptions, no leeway, zero tolerance there), there isn't enough cars in each class for me to really care too hard about stuff that doesn't matter in improved touring.

I only have a little bit of my dash left, and IT2 rules say i need to retain as much left as i can... well, it got destroyed coming out for the cage so its open to interpretation on legal or not i guess, but i guess technically someone could protest me... and they'd be the biggest dickhole in the world for doing so cuz that is zero performance gain.

further, i could come back wih a s5 engine with 14hp more, intake, a full IT2 suspension from mazda instead of oem shocks and cut springs, change out my screwed bushings, drop 400 pounds off my car (i can weigh 2377 with driver, and right now i'm about 2800 with driver. i even have my power windows and glass still in the door) and change out my old bfgs with fresh hoosiers and then i'd be a lot quicker the i am now. My car is not prepped well for IT in the slightest.

same deal with conroy's car. no dash, and he has this really 'cheater' mazda 626 tranny made out of glass in it setup perfect for race city, and yet with 25in tires, probably loses him 0.5-1 second at castrol lol. But it'd be a dick move to protest him too cuz while his car is very light, he opted to severely handicap his car to make it competitive by running street tires instead of rcomps, so if someone protested him, he could be legal, pissed off, and come back with a way way way faster car that would probably beat all the st and almost all the gt cars and be IT2 legal (he's running a suspension almost as crappy as my setup too).

IMO, i dont think your tranny matters one bit since i'm assuming it wasn't setup for castrol? and i know your brakes aren't doing anything in a sprint race. IMO, your car fits better into IT2 then STU and I think i can speak for conroy when i say we wouldn't protest it and would be happy with more competition. We weren't even going to protest the two it1 cars with 100hp more then us signed up for it2. If you want to see if IT2 is more fun, that'd be awesome imo, if not, that's fine too.
Castrol: NA FC 43.1 IT2 class track record until we run the short track again which may be never.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Pit crew

its getting an f20b with the h2b kit dropped in as soon as I get the rest of the parts, the
b16 was a short term fix,

why don't you guys come over to stu
Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

semi tempted, cuz looking at the times there is a chance to win on the short track, but there is no way we'd be competitive there on the big track. Way way way too under powered; it would be an slaughter. those turbo miatas are extremely quick in a straight line. i'd need to port big, or go forced induction, but then whats the end result? a car that wins or a car that loses, not much to do with the driver, since every car is so different in that class and there is so much u can do its more $$$ and car vs $$$ and car, and i prefer driver vs driver. ST isn't really for me, although the car count is attractive right now. there are other IT cars out there though, i just hope they bother to show up someday.

No, i think IT is fine for the fc. its really well matched to that class, and if i move to another class, it'll be spec miata. maybe someone will want to trade a spec miata for a FC someday and they can built a STU FC.
Castrol: NA FC 43.1 IT2 class track record until we run the short track again which may be never.