Straightpipe Forums

Go Back   Straightpipe Forums > Non-Automotive Chat > General Chat

Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Pit crew

Send a message via MSN to Lil_Guard_Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Lil_Guard_Dog
Cool iRacing, Home Rigs, and SPTAC 2013

Figured I'd pop back over here and say hi to everyone again! VERY much looking forward to this year's Time Attack at Strat, although, unfortunately, unless I manage to sneak into a parade lap, or they need a fill-in car for a group, I won't be getting any track time in this year.

I WILL, however still be attending every event, and handing out more of the NAPA discount cards as always.

It was a hard decision, but I finally decided that it was a better idea to NOT spend the money on a season pass, and everything else that would come with it (Fuel, tires etc), and instead, enroll my little guy, Konner, into the Giovanni School of Music.

If anyone needs any of the discount cards before the season starts up, DEFINITELY let me know.

Otherwise, I finally got my "Starter" home racing rig up and running, and I will post some pics in another post within this thread as soon as I remember to actually take the pictures!

Been hopelessly embroiled in Euro Truck Simulator 2 in the recent months (I used to drive truck, but that had to stop due to being a single dad, so this lets me get back into trucking...in a way) and I've cracked off more than a few laps in GT5. Recently however (alright, earlier tonight) I remembered hearing about iRacing from someone in here, and decided to give it a try.

Boy did I learn that I know NOTHING!

So in hopes of garnering some iRacing buddies to add to my list, so that I can possibly learn more and more from those whom are much more worthy of being on a track than me, I come here meekly seeking ID's to add!

Hoping 2013 is playing nice for everyone, and cheers!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

I happen to enjoy a little iRacing now and then . My g27 wheel had a calibration issue that is now fixed and all I need is more free time to play it!

Get your licence up and get out of rookie races if you really want intense competition and cleaner races.

I'd like to get into racing another season again to see how I stand up and to be honest my licence level and lack of being online and racing i'd get my ass handed to me.!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Pit crew

Send a message via MSN to Lil_Guard_Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Lil_Guard_Dog

Yeah, that bloody Logitech G27 calibration issue. Stupid thing. My wheel was barely even a month old before that cropped up on me. Of course, 4 days AFTER the 30 day return/exchange..so I was either stuck with dealing with Logitech support and not have a usable wheel for an undetermined time, or repair it myself.

I did it myself. Took about an hour to do, but the calibration's stayed put since.

I DID, however notice that the sensor wheel inside my unit was cracked, and irreparable, so I'm sure this will be being sent to Logitech before the 1 year warranty is up.

Hopefully AFTER I upgrade to the Thrustmaster setup.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Guard_Dog View Post
Yeah, that bloody Logitech G27 calibration issue. Stupid thing. My wheel was barely even a month old before that cropped up on me. Of course, 4 days AFTER the 30 day return/exchange..so I was either stuck with dealing with Logitech support and not have a usable wheel for an undetermined time, or repair it myself.

I did it myself. Took about an hour to do, but the calibration's stayed put since.

I DID, however notice that the sensor wheel inside my unit was cracked, and irreparable, so I'm sure this will be being sent to Logitech before the 1 year warranty is up.

I purchased a Brass sensor wheel to solve the problem. You can epoxy the cracked sensor wheel back together!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Driver

You can add me to your friends list on Iracing. Justin Lewicke
Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Super awesome fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Guard_Dog View Post

Whats your username? If you are up for it I'll turn some laps with you tonight! Add greg cloutier
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 AM
Pit crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
I purchased a Brass sensor wheel to solve the problem. You can epoxy the cracked sensor wheel back together!
Where did you manage to find the brass one? As for the epoxy...I didn't have any when I took it apart, thinking that it was just the stupid adjustment screw coming loose...again.

@ Greg & Anyone else... My username is Michel MacCulloch...anyone feel free to add me

@ Justin ... I'm adding you as soon as I finish typing this.

Last edited by Lil_Guard_Dog; 04-29-2013 at 02:50 AM. Reason: forgot some replies
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 AM
P1

Send a message via MSN to Var!able

Napa doesn't sell loctite ? since when?

So Much Win Racing: Fabrication, Preparation, Awesome

Contact Me at 780.270.1851 via phone or txt message for your race fab needs.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Pit crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var!able View Post
Napa doesn't sell loctite ? since when?
Well...although I'm there almost more than I'm at home...I didn't have any at home. I wanted to race...not sit there with a dismantled wheel all weekend, so I put it back together without really worrying about the cracked wheel. I didn't really expect it to be able to hold calibration anyways with it cracked, but apparently just tightening the screws worked immensely.

From everything I was reading online, most of the issues were just from a loose calibration screw, and only one, out of dozens even mentioned a cracked calibration wheel. All moot regardless once I upgrade to the Thrustmaster T500RS w/shifter pkg
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 AM
Driver

add Justin M. Toppman

I'm going to be doing the Skippy this season