The next winter (last winter maybe?) I decided to go with long tube headers (1 7/8 up from 1 3/4) and primaries about twice as long. Being who I am, I wanted to go with merge collectors but the Hinson headers don't come with them so I got to modify them myself with some exhaust stuff from Cone Engineering.
Proper passenger seat and belts, moved the lap timer/data logger to where I can see it, installed a digital bolt meter in the radio hole (where the Racepack dash was before ... this is mostly to monitor the condition of the water pump belt), and ... I'm not sure what else, have to look through the photos.
After the first season the original radiator developed a small leak from the core. I was never a fan of the radiator/airfilter setup Hinson supplied ... it worked fine, but it was not esthetically pleasing to me.
This did give me opportunity to install this:
Funny that Mishimoto, in Japan, makes a rad to fit an LS swapped car, but not for a rotary powered one.
Moving the radiator back to the factory location meant that the Hinson air intake wouldn't work either ... which suited me fine.
The Mishimoto rad came with a filler neck that was lower than the top rad hose ... which seemed dumb... so I capped it off and fabricated a swirl pot in the upper rad hose and added some air bleed lines from the top of the rad, top of the swirl pot, and the top of the cylinder heads. These vent lines are run to an expansion tank mounted to the front of the cylinder head. Shown here, along with fabrication of an air box to fit the new K&N:
I forgot to post this:
The fan shroud was a little restrictive in ram air mode (sealed well for when the fans were working) so I modified it by opening up holes all around the fans and then adding little rubber flapper one way valves. They open when air is flowing through the rad at road speed and close if the fan is sucking air through.